Monday, June 16, 2008

wandering into...


Do not just call me Folly, for I am very wise;

these wares that I now sell to you are my beautifuly crafted lies.


Both rich and poor, wise and fools--my clientel is vast

all begging to be the one to help cut their anchor before it is cast.



I speak in the words of the scoffer and the scholar

and make reason to both children and men.

I tell them that nothing is true or false,

and they then take up their pen.



I entreat to no one, yet many retreat to me--

for there is no better lie than the one you cannot see.

1 comment:

  1. You have crafted a vivid personification of Folly. It is humurous but scary in how true it is. Keep writing.

    P.S. I like the rhymes

    ReplyDelete

Heads up! This is a public profile. If you would like
to post a comment, you may do so anonymously.